I’ve never been one for sticking to those New Years Resolutions you hear most people talk about. To be honest, I never really hold myself accountable and nobody else can hold me accountable because they don’t know what my goals are. But before I look forward, let me wrap up 2014 because in a nice bow for you all.
In no particular order, here are some of the high points for 2014:
- Got my first stamp in my passport- BVI
- My sister and brother got married. Not to each other, duh.
- We put down a deposit on our very first home
- Learned how to crochet
- Spent much needed quality time with Mom and sister at the beach
Now looking forward to 2015 I have some pretty big plans
- We are buying a house and making it a home
- Go on a vacation
- Build my blog (which means more blogging)
- Commit to my yoga practice. I’ve been attending classes regularly for 18 months but I haven’t committed. I see all these yogis on Instagram and Facebook talk about their practices and how much it has changed their lives and I want that. The only way to get there is to commit!
- Stick to my budget. There are things I want to go and do and the way to get there is to stick to the budget.
And finally- work on me. Talk about a loaded statement. There is so much that I feel I need to work on. I really could make a very lengthy list and I’m not very proud of how I am some times so I am definitely going to work on me. Be more patient. Talk with a softer heart. Judge less. Be more peaceful. Be less reactive. Be kinder. Love more.
And thats all the “internal” work….. The external is a whole other ball game.
I’ve always battled with my body image. I’ve always compared myself to other but that needs to change ASAP. I always complain but never take the steps to make it all a reality. The gym just hasn’t been a place that I enjoy but I know that if I don’t change my opinion and thoughts on it, nothing will change. Not only do I have to show up, I have to put in the physical work and clean up my eating. All in due time, right??
One of my intentions last year that I am going to roll into this year is possibilities. I have the tendency to shot myself down before I’ve even really started trying. I don’t really believe in myself and that has to change.
What is your intention for the year??