Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Wine Cork Craft

I’ve been so terrible at keeping a regular blog schedule.  Truth be told, the last thing I want to do when I get home is sit at a computer when I’ve been sitting at one for most of the day.  What I should do is get a bunch ready on the weekends and then just post them during the week.  

Anyways…. so as we all know, my brother got married a few ago and my Mom, sister and I put together their rehearsal dinner.  So just like the Jenga game we made, I started with Pinterest to get my creative juices flowing.  I created a secret board that only us girls could see and pin to.  We wanted to keep as much of the details as a surprise as we could and I think we pulled it off (which is pretty difficult because we tend to get excited and share).

One of the first ideas we had was a wine cork craft.  My sister and I have been collecting corks and we got quite a lot from family friends too. 

First, I bought a “J”, “&” and “N” from Michaels.  They were a couple bucks each.  



I then painted each of them navy blue.  In hind site, 2 coats would have great.



Once they are dry, its time to pull out the hot glue gun and just start gluing down the wine corks.  






I just started at the top of a letter and worked my way down and around.  In the end there were spots were 1/2 a cork would fit perfectly.  







To cut a cork in half is pretty difficult so thank to Mom’s searching on Pinterest, she found a tip to just soak the corks in hot water and then cut them with a utility knife.  They weren’t cut cleanly but definitely helped.

I’ve seen these hung up with ribbon on front doors.  They used them at their wedding as more decoration which was awesome!!  

My hope is that they use them in their home one day.

Pretty easy craft, just takes some time and lots and lots of corks.  Start saving them now wine-o’s!!  





No comments:

Post a Comment