Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Jacob and Nancy's Rehearsal Dinner

My Mom, sister and I got to throw my brother, Jacob and his bride their rehearsal dinner.  We held it at Romano Vineyard & Winery which was just awesome.  They are my Mom's neighbors and have turned the land my family used to farm into a vineyard and winery.  They tore down a dilapidated tobacco barn and built a beautiful building that will host their  tastings and events.  It is really exciting to see something so good in Prince George’s County.  The Romano’s couldn't be better people; we are really lucky to have them as neighbors.  Check out their Facebook page to get all their news and upcoming events.

Thanks to Pinterest, we got lots of idea for details.  To me, that’s what really pulls things together and represents what the event is really about.  

So, you already saw the wine cork craft my sister and I put together.



I made them an “Almost Married” banner that was hung on the bar.  I’ve made several of these types of banners before and they couldn’t be easier.  

The centerpieces were mason jars that Mom jazzed up with lace, blue ribbon and scrap book embellishments.  We got the flowers from Weavers Flowers and they were perfect; they lasted for just about a week (I got to take an arrangement home- thanks Mom!) which is almost unheard of for flowers!  The pictures- I got most of them from Facebook pages and got them printed at Target.  The acrylic frames are from Christmas Tree Store.

Other than wine, the only other beverages we had were iced tea, lemonade and water.  Easy-peasy.  I just love how the tea and lemonade look in the dispersers.

For dessert we were baking fools!  I made Brown Butter & Sea Salt Chocolate Chip cookies (chocolate chip cookies are Jacob’s favorite) and Mom made Will you Marry Me cookies, and Shortbread cookies dipped in chocolate.  Then there were cupcakes….  We made Pumpkin and vanilla cupcakes.  To pretty those I made fondant flowers to add to the frosting.  

Here is a tip for the Brown Butter & Seal Salt Chocolate Chips cookies: make them ahead of time, roll the cookies in balls, and freeze them!  If I remember correctly I got just about 35 cookies out of each batch I made so I made 2 batches.  The day before I hit the road, I took them out to thaw and just baked them off.  I didn’t have a mess in my kitchen when I already had a lot to get organized.

That big picture you see in the picture above??  That is an engineering print I ordered via Staples.  It was less than $2 then Mom and I glued it to foam board.  

You can’t see this detail but I also printed out a bunch more photos of Jacob and Nancy and hung them up with small close pins and hung those between the windows and door of the room.  

We were busy bees but I am so glad that we got to do this for them.  I think I have missed my calling as a party planner because I sure do love it!!  

Oh- we ordered the food from Chipotle.  They don’t deliver so we enlisted the help of family to pick it up.

Mom and I set up as much as we could the night before and Laura, Jon and Michael did the rest the day of because Mom and I had to go to the rehearsal.  They did an awesome job of putting it all together (I tend to micromanage).

We played the Shoe Game, too.  Laura came up with some great questions.  And Landon and I got to break-in the Jenga game we made for them.



I hope everybody enjoyed themselves because I am really proud of what we put together for them!






No comments:

Post a Comment